Open ended, low fee, affordable therapy.
The Richmond Counselling and Psychotherapy Service (RCPS) is a small, non-profit making, unincorporated organisation. We are a well established, solid and reliable group of therapists serving Richmond and the Surrey area for over 25 years and now our services are available across the UK, via online skype sessions.
Please contact Maria B Thieme (Coordinator) via Skype on – maria.thieme2 or 07900210829
The RCPS is focused on providing open ended, low fee and accessible therapy for you to explore life issues in confidence and at your own pace.
What does the RCPS offer?
- Short or long term individual therapy
- Low fee
- Weekly sessions
- Open ended sessions
- Couples Therapy
- If appropriate, adolescents and young adults
- We offer 50-60 minute sessions of one-to-one counselling to individuals or couples.
- The RCPS does not place a time limit on the length of the work nor does it limit the frequency of the sessions in each week.
- These matters are negotiated between the client and the practitioner.
- Sessions Weekdays: 9 am to 9 pm
- Saturdays daytime: 9 am to 1 pm
- Tuesdays: 10.30 am – 12.30 am – CLINICAL SUPERVISION.
low fee counselling & pyschotherapy
- The RCPS provides low fee, open ended counselling or psychotherapy to the community.
- The level of fees for regular sessions is graduated according to the client’s ability to pay with minimum and maximum levels.
- Sessions will be invoiced monthly and payments are made via bank transfer. There are a few spaces for bursaries.
- All sessions are confidential.
- Reflect together
- Bring pressing aspects into focus
- Encourage independence and self-development
- Lead to a re-evaluation of positions taken in life
What happens next?
The RCPS will offer an assessment to most individuals and then determine how that individual may be best helped. This may include onward referral to practitioners outside the service or to appropriate local services. All of these decisions will be made in consultation with the person being assessed.
- Counselling can be a problem focused talking therapy.
- Providing support to help you deal with day to day tasks.
- Psychotherapy helps to identify the roots of problems and difficulties that have built up over time.
- Sessions will be on a long-term basis addressing issues at a deeper level.
Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- 50% of our therapists are fully qualified, the remaining therapists are in the process of completing a long term recognised training course, recognised by UKCP, BACP or BPS.
- All therapists are in personal therapy/self development
- All therapists attend fortnightly supervision (at the RCPS) as a way of monitoring and supporting clinical practice.
- The RCPS monitors the clinical work of its practitioners who may thus also gain experience in the work.
- Approach: The practitioner’s approach to this work will reflect his or her school of training and the sort of personality they are. Each therapeutic alliance is unique to each client.
- Additionally, for therapists in training who are seeking personal therapy, the RCPS can provide an experienced practitioner at an affordable rate.
Areas of counselling
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorder
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Self harm
Please call Maria Bento-Thieme to discuss this further on 07900 210829.
RCPS Therapists are affiliated with member organisations such as UKCP, BACP and BPS. The RCPS Management Team are all accredited psychotherapists.
How we work
Equality: The RCPS works with adult individuals regardless of age, marital status, physical disability, gender, sexual orientation, race, social origins or political or religious beliefs.